Air Education and Training Command SUPERVISORY GENERAL ENGINEER in Laughlin AFB, Texas
"MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Content/Documents/PPP-Program%20S.pdf for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the follow documents:
. Application or resume;
. Statement requesting MSP; and
. Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilitiesbeing considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as Chief and program manager, organizing, directing, and exercising control over non-supervisory employees within the Civil Engineer Squadron Project Management Element. The Element is the Squadron's management hub for contractor-executed construction projects including, but not limited to, architecture and engineering (A&E;) service contracts, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity(IDIQ) contracts, simplified acquisition of base engineer requirements (SABER) contracts, multiple award construction contracts (MACC), and blanket purchase agreements (BPAs) to execute facility requirements.
This is a Centrally Managed position in the Civil Engineer Career Field.
This is an interdisciplinary position which may be filled with any of the following series: GS-0801-12 Supervisory General Engineer GS-0808-12 Supervisory Architect GS-0810-12 Supervisory Civil Engineer GS-0830-12 Supervisory Mechanical Engineer GS-0850-12 Supervisory Electrical Engineer
Learn more about this agency
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the Element.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Represents the Element with a variety of installation and functional area organizations.
- Communicates and coordinates Element issues with higher headquarters, regulatory agencies, other installation units, community officials, etc.
- Directs the development and execution of Element budget and preparation of Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System (PPBS) documentation in support of engineering planning and execution.
- #### Job family (Series)
0801 General Engineering
0810 Civil Engineering
0830 Mechanical Engineering
0850 Electrical Engineering
- Architectural And Engineering Managers
- Architectural Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver?s license may be required.
- May be required to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Force during exercises or in the event of an actual emergency.
- Professional registration or license as a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect in one of the 50 states or territories is desired but not required.
- The work requires the employee to access facilities and infrastructure which may require climbing on, crawling under or extensive walking at construction sites, hard hat areas or other base areas
- PCS may be authorized.
Basic Requirement for GS-0801/0/0810/0830/0850 A Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. OR Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. Click here to view occupational requirements for this position. AND Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience for GS-08XX-[insert series and grade (12 or above)] which includes advanced engineering concepts, principles and practices to serve as subject matter expert and technical authority that enables the incumbent to investigate and provide consultant services relating to facility engineering project management such as design, construction and operations, and maintenance of systems, processes, and components that relate to all phases of facility engineering. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS- 11 grade/level or equivalent in the federal service.
Basic Requirement for GS-0808-12 A Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in architecture or related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems. OR Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) thorough knowledge of the arts and sciences underlying professional architecture, (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of architectural principles, methods, and techniques; applications to the design and construction or improvement of buildings. For additional information regarding qualifying education click here to view occupational requirements for this position. AND Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience for a GS-0808-1] which includes advanced architectural concepts, principles and practices to serve as subject matter expert and technical authority that enables the incumbent to investigate and provide consultant services relating to facility engineering project management such as design, construction and operations, and maintenance of systems, processes, and components that relate to all phases of facility engineering. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-11 grade/level or equivalent in the federal service.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-11 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of multidisciplinary, professional asset management and engineering theories, concepts, principles, standards, methods, techniques, materials, and equipment as well as knowledge of standard construction and contracting regulations, practices, and procedures. 2. Knowledge of the principles of planning and program management; common business and economic principles, theories, concepts, and procedures; financial management principles and standards; and the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting System (PPBS). 3. Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures. 4. Skill in evaluating state-of-the-art scientific and engineering technologies and incorporating these into the planning, design, operation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade of installation natural/built infrastructure. 5. Ability to analyze, plan, organize, and direct the work operations to meet program requirements and objectives with available resources; and to mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization. 6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior officials from a broad array of activities, including federal and local government, and industry.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:You MUSTprovide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register:This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: 1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will notbe considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- A complete Application Questionnaire
- Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
- Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 03/23/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10153401
To begin the process, click the Apply Onlinebutton to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Applicationbutton at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10153401
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOTmodify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
Laughlin AFB 426 Liberty Drive Laughlin AFB, TX US
Learn more about this agency
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492813500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/05/2018 to 03/23/2018
Salary: $73,375 to $95,388 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent